View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #45
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You've just raised an issue that really bugs me, Wood - a coin that doesn't tell you what it's actually worth .

When I first visited the US, many years ago, I was completely baffled by this coin that just said "ONE DIME" on it. Nowhere does it tell you what this mysterious "Dime" is actually worth in terms of cents.

I'm sure that's something that would never even occur to people who've grown up with US currency, but believe me, it can baffle poor ignorant tourists like me .
You're right! I'd never realized that the dime could be confusing.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote