View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #72
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulboogaloo View Post
I bought this one http://www.mobilefun.fr/36644-housse...---pourpre.htm
for its quite cheap price and good looking, but I must say I'm facing the same issues as mentionned regarding the smart on/off switching
Many times flipping it off doesn't put the Kindle in standby, and moreover, I can't even switch off pressing the button, it switches the Kindle on again!
And stranger thing : sometimes when I open the cover, the Kindle is still showing the text, not screensaver... but the backlight is totally switched off! For those who absolutely want to be able to switch it off, can be interesting
More seriously, do you know guys where the magnet is supposed to be? I could try to remove it or something...
Thanks!
First, since nobody else seems to have answered, the sensor is somewhere in the lower right corner of the Kindle, so the magnet is somewhere in the lower left corner of the cover. The cover I'm having trouble with has what looks like a 3/8" (10mm") round magnet, centered 1" (28mm?) from the outside edge, and centered 1/2" (12mm?) from the bottom.

My Kindle is jail-broken with the screensaver hack that displays the cover of the last read book. Since I started playing with the defective cover, I've been experiencing weird problem with the Kindle, similar to what I think soulboogaloo was describing. Instead of showing the cover, it would show the text where I'd stopped reading. I was trying to read last night, and no matter what book I picked, it just didn't feel comfortable. It was set to the same font and size as before, but the text seemed too small and the lines were crammed too close together. I haven't changed any of those settings or the light settings since I found something comfortable, but I decided to check the light settings anyway. I've been sick, and figured maybe my eyes were more tired or something. The light was set on 7, just the way I like it, but I tried bumping it up to 8 to see if it would make a difference. There was this blinding flash (comparatively speaking) and I realized that the light had been turned OFF for an undetermined time.

I restarted the Kindle and everything seems to be fine today. Could the defective cover be blinking the Kindle off and on too fast for the screensaver process to be successfully completed, leaving the Kindle in an unstable state? Should I be concerned that there is some other problem just waiting to happen?

Thanks for reading.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote