View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by goesta View Post
I noticed the other day that an ePub I created from raw text hyphenates just fine on my Glo (in English). So I wonder whether commercial ePubs may contain settings preventing hyphenation (for whatever reason), and so not seeing it where you'd expect actually has nothing to do with the reader?
It is possible to put hyphenation marks into words in the html code. These would then be the place that a device would choose to split the word if needed. But, I don't know if either reader on the Kobo device supports this.

Did you set the "text-align" property in the CSS of your book? Commercial books tend to use "justify" for this. That will result in more hyphenation than if you leave it as the default of "left".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote