View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #34
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I would like a "just down" or "just up" option if it's possible.

As an example:
Sometimes the books I edit have different "parts", Part 1, Part 2, etc.

Each Part's chapters restart numbering from chapter 1 instead of being continuous through the whole book.

So when I use a search replace to create an id for the chapter head I begin at the new Part and replace all following chapters with the part number and chapter...then do that again with the next part. so I get id="Ch_1-1", id="Ch_1-2"..., id="Ch_2-1", id="Ch_2-2"...etc. Some of these books have > 100 chapters.

If it circles back and replaces the parts that I've done already then it wastes the effort.

Having said that:
There is probably some more elaborate regex I could create to check for the existence of the "-" in an id, I just haven't figured it out.

Ideally, there would be some process where I could use a counter when replacing, so I could just use id="Ch_1" to id="Ch_100"...does anyone know if there is such a "counter"??

And if there is a counter...can I shoot for the moon and get a function that will insert roman numerals??!!?? (id="Ch_69" title="LXIX")
I'm not familiar with the Sigil version of RegEx.

My editor (epp) has a counter which will number a list sequentially.

<h2 id="Ch_%MATCH%">

Perhaps there is something similar in Sigil.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote