View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #6
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I was playing with several of them in the store today, as my beloved Sony 505 died after four years of hard service without a hiccup! I looked at Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo, two models of Sony, the PRS-2, PRS-350, and PRS-650 (I think...,) Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite, and two other brands that I can't think of right now.

After 30 minutes spent converting them all into English... so I could navigate though the various menus, I immediately put back both Kobos... I was NOT impressed with what I saw on the screens. The Kindles looked good as did the Sonys, and I really couldn't see much difference between them. I guess they must compete on function, but as I have no need for anything more than a 'dumb' reader, for me the competition was by price. Sony won. If I were buying this week, I would have bought one of the Sonys.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote