View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
I have Nook Color, iPad, and Nook/Kindle e-readers .. is the e-ink for reading books best/easiest for your eyes or does it matter? I have heard this and that.. what's your folks take.. thanks in advance.. oh, I wear glasses.. so if you had to read a book on iPad or Nook Tablet or Color vs e-reader like Nook or Kindle which is best.. or best for your eyes.. ????
Doug
There have been scientific studies that do show that devices with backlighting, or some other lighting system, do fatigue the eyes more, since you're more or less staring directly at a light. eInk does tend to be better since it uses ambient lighting, traditionally. However, any benefit you get from eInk goes out the window if you use the glow function of the Nook Glowlight, or similar readers, since once again you're staring directly at a light source.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote