Thread: Gah! Facebook!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
My family talked me into it, and honestly, I'm kind of sorry I opened a Facebook account. Mine is pretty anonymous, and I just have immediate family and a few cousins as friends.

But the irksome part is, now family sends me stupid messages via Facebook, rather than via email as I prefer. It is OK for staying in touch with family, but I find it more aggravating than not. I'd be tempted to close the account, but I'm sure my family would be aggravated by that. I definitely don't trust Facebook's security.

Anyway, I mostly ignore it these days. And I'm thinking I may not bother to post there anymore. I figure if the family can irk me by sending Facebook messages, I can irk them right back by sending my news as email.

I don't sign in and out of the account much, I have a desktop widget so I can see the feed from the family and a few other places of interest. And/or I check the Android app.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote