View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #8
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
How would you keep people from just keeping copies of the book and stripping DRM ...
If it's cheap enough, why would they bother? Do people routinely rip DVDs they borrow from Netflix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Why would I pay $5 to rent a book when I could buy it for a few dollars more?
Obviously it would have to be not a per-item fee. $15 per month for, say, 3 books out at a time (return older ones to borrow more, à la Netflix), no waiting lists, good selection -- I'd pay for that.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote