View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeb123 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'd certainly wondered about the need to turn off update notifications.

If I go with your second recommendation, of leaving it running in the background, what would happen with the task scheduler trying to launch calibre / kill the task it has launched? Or should I just be asking the task scheduler to run a dummy file in order to wake the machine?
If you go with the second suggestion, you don't need to do anything with Calibre at all, but you will want something to wake up the machine if it's in sleep mode.

Given this is running 64-bit Windows, I'm assuming a moderately powerful machine with plenty of RAM. The overhead of leaving Calibre running in the background is trivial for that.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote