View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #12
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Jackie, might you post a little bit about how you did convert the dictionaries? I intend to convert a Spanish-Spanish dictionary and it's giving me hell.
Hi Logseman, I'll have a go. I made myself a few notes at the time, compiled from various dictionary threads in this forum. (Many thanks to all original posters). This is what I wrote:
  1. Find a dictionary source file in
    DSL format (e.g. http://traduko.lib.ru/dics_en_en.html needs Google translate from Russian) or
  2. Unpack the PocketBook Dictionary Converter program (I used v4.1 but I can't remember where I downloaded it from).

3. Put the DSL (orXDXF) file into the same directory as the Dict Conv prog.

4. Open a Command prompt (I am a WinXP user) and make the Dict Conv directory the current directory. Then run
    converter.exe mydictfile.dsl eng
    or
    converter.exe mydictfile.xdxf eng
  5. This will create mydictfile.dic in the same directory which can be copied to PB360 system/dictionaries directory.

The blue bit, eng is important. It is the name of a subdir in the Dict Converter directory specifically for English. It contains instructions on how to handle things like singular/plural, and the keyboard layout for the PB keyboard. You will need a Spanish equivalent, i.e. a subdir called spa which contains all the Spanish "rules". Then in step 4 you would type spa rather than eng

Here is a spa directory that another forum member found (thanks to him/her). I 'm afraid that I do not speak any Spanish so I do not know how to correct the contents if they are not correct or complete.

I hope this helps. Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip spa.zip (1.7 KB, 516 views)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote