View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
LS650
Enthusiast
LS650 is on a distinguished road

Device: Android, Jetbook Lite
Before I bought a Jetbook Lite, I went to a Sony vendor and took a good look at a PRS-300. The screen was good, but it wasn't perfect. I also didn't like the e-Ink's black inverted 'flash'.
I couldn't find a local vendor for Jetbook, but after watching some videos on Youtube, I decided to take a gamble on ordering one online.
I am glad I did - I can honestly say that I think the Jetbook's screen is actually superior. Both are about as readable as the other in the same lighting conditions, and the JBL's TFT screen refreshes much faster when turning pages, and without the annoying flash.
I transferred over several books I had in TXT, ePub, and PDF format without incident. I also tried copying over a couple of DRM PDB files, and they are quite readable.
Overall I am happy with the Jetbook, and the total cost with taxes and shipping was $145 CND from Newegg.ca The price for a Sony PRS-300 locally is $239 CND plus taxes, so I figure that I saved over a hundred dollars - money that I can put towards buying some new eBooks!
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote