View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcinfoman View Post
What is RasterFarian? I am talking about a pdf book that I download from an ebook store. for example, the equivalent of a book I buy in the store on Windows XP, but instead I buy the pdf version of it. Are you guys saying I cannot read it on the Sony Reader? What the hell?
PDF files are not like normal eBooks which can happily be displayed on any sized screen. A PDF file has fixed sized pages - normally A4 or US Letter - and that's "fixed" - they can't be displayed on any other sized screen except by either reducing the size of the entire page, or panning the screen over the existing page.

The Reader has a screen which is only 1/6th the area of an A4 page. There is no sensible way to view such a page in 1/6th the area it should be displayed.

This is a limitation of the PDF format, not the Reader. PDF isn't an eBook format - it's a "page description" format, for fixed-sized pages.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote