Thread: Clara HD Kobo Clara Impressions
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 05:11 AM   #22
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O2, iPadMini4, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenCM View Post
Thanks @meeera , that's useful.

I've looked into Calibre and yes it does turn out that I'd been transferring/converting to epubs rather than kepubs. I thought I had all the requisite plugins installed, but apparently I hadn't. I had naively assumed that Calibre would "do the right thing" and know the best defaults for most common devices.
There's not really a "best" - some people here prefer epub, some kepub. Glad you have it set up to your liking now.

Quote:
One more thing I find mildly frustrating is the switching on/off of the backlighting. To save battery, I'd like to usually have the backlighting off.
How much battery are you finding the frontlighting to suck? I've never bothered to turn it off - I like the improved contrast with it on - and the battery lasts a long time for me.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote