View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:29 PM   #12
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I'm not sure I understand. To "get into the developer's option" - does the Mimas have to be rooted to access that?

On my Android phone I just select file transfer in the notification area, and with my old Boyue it just happened automatically.

I can't believe how frustrating this is.

Thank you for your help!
No need to do "root". Just select the 'android settings', then the 'about device'. At the bottom, you should see 'build number'. Tap 'build number' around 7 or 9 times; if doing it "slowly", a popup will say how many more taps will turn on the developer options; just do it.

Then back out & you should see 'Developer options' listed. Select the 'developer options' & scroll down to item 'select usb configurations' (looks to be the item before the "Input" section.

Tap 'select usb configuration' & select 'charging'; after it is done go back in & select MTP. This is an Android 6 bug. Sometimes I forget to do it after each time updating the CWM firmware to the 'latest' version on the Tab 7 before it was 'archived'.

I've always gotten the "Developer options" on all my tablets as a 'just in case' of need.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote