View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #58
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
It is one of those changes that please some and annoy others I guess. Cheap paperbacks use a small font to save paper, hence money. But even the cheapest paperbacks have plenty of whitespace top and bottom, even though they could save even more money if they got rid of it. This is because it is more important for most people to have that whitespace there than to cram as much text as possible on to the page, it is not wasted space but an important part of the book's layout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
It might surprise you, but I actually like it.

Looks more like a printed book to me and I don't care that much about the amount of text on my screen. I want to read comfortably and not want to count words and lines.

But it should be optional, that would be great (but like so many things that would be great, I'm not sure that we're going to see that happen...).
I'm with you here. I also understand that it's not to everyone's taste.
It's so easy to turn the pages on an ereader that I'm trying to put as much information as possible on one screen. I value more the over all feeling.

In no way I'm saying that I'm right and others are wrong or anything like that. It's just different strokes for different folks (so an option would be great).
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote