View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #37
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
okay, thanks (I'm no longer panicking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Gregg:

Well...yes and no. It's optional in Word, of course; and if you've already cleaned up your file in Word and/or in an HTML editor, then, god, no, don't go back and redo it. I simply meant that if you format your document in Word correctly, you'll be able to SEE the navmap, auto-magically, IN Word. If you used paragraph styles for your chapter heads, you won't see any NavMap entries. If you used header styles, you shall. If you use a header style for your chapter heads (and anything else you want on the TOC, including frontmatter), and a conformed paragraph style throughout the book, then when you export it to HTML, the file really will be nearly "ready to go" to ePUB with very, very little clean-up.

That's all I meant. Process away! ;-)

Hitch
Thanks Hitch. I'm going to look at the tutorials and learn about styles before I ask any more questions about this. (Thanks for easing my mind.) Gregg
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote