View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
I don't even visit Smashwords anymore. I've gotten around 30 highly-rated books there, and with the exception of one series by Shayne Parkinson, they were all complete dreck. I kept wondering if these reviewers were reading the same books I was.
I've come to realize most of the highest-rated books are based on fake reviews. I buy books from SW, but never because of the ratings; I find them by keywords and reading the blurbs and the samples. If there's not enough sample for me to decide if I like the book, I don't buy it.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote