View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:11 AM   #36
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's just Colin Dexter's writing style. His books are full of that sort of thing: in the books, Inspector Morse (like Dexter himself) is a fan of crosswords, and often puzzles over crossword clues he can't solve. It's one of the reasons that I enjoy Dexter's books,
Yes, I understand that part.

Quote:
but they probably wouldn't be so enjoyable to someone who didn't like having their vocabulary challenged in that way.
That's the part I don't understand... Not the challenge part, (many people enjoy a good challenge,) but the need to stop reading to look up the word. You don't find it interruptive? Causing a break in the flow of the story?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote