View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #24
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Ha, good point, Jack. They have already notified me that they received my first (and only) return. I'll make sure to keep track of everything though. What a pain this has turned out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I just got an email from a friend asking me if I had purchased the new Kindle (among other topics of conversation ). I recounted my tale of woe, linked him to my Amazon review and he responded that neither he nor his wife have noticed any color blotching on their Paperwhites. They have the LED shadows on the bottom but all else is good. He's going to take another look. I hope his PWs are good and problem free because he was happy with his purchase before contacting me.

Uh oh. Fingers crossed he doesn't notice anything now. I've become such a cynic with the PW. I feel I'd see it on all of them. But, hey, if someone doesn't see it on theirs, that's great. I just wish this was the case for me too.

I think at this point I'd almost be OK to have one with mild hues, as long as there isn't any specks. The specks bother me more than the hues, but that might be because the hues on mine have been fairly faint. Watch me now get one with no specks, but major dark color blobs.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote