View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #14423
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just finished Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Mind Rules Your Behavior by Leonard Mlodinow and started on the Steve Hockensmith's prequel to Seth Grahame-Smith's (and Jane Austin's) novel, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls. I really didn't like Seth Grahame-Smith's novel, but as Steve Hockensmith is one of my favorite authors, I thought I'd give the prequel a shot, and I'm glad I did. The prequel, so far, is funny and moves quickly. Hockensmith has not captured Jane Austin's style in the same way that Grahame-Smith did, but has produced in its stead a story that's far more enjoyable to read. Hockensmith has since written a sequel, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After, which I may read later.
I agree that Hockensmith's book is much, much better than Grahame-Smith's. In fact, I gave up on Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and I very rarely stop reading a book part-way through.

Really like the Halloween avatar, Tom.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote