View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:20 AM   #16
Fringecup
Enthusiast
Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Sony Reader 600 Touch Edition
Kobo Sold to Japanese Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
I can see the benefits of getting another company involved, but I have to say that I am shocked that Indigo gave up their stake completely, especially since they keep losing their book sales to e-books and focusing more and more on non-book products.
I read in The Globe & Mail newspaper today that Indigo kept their 51% share in Kobo and sold only the remaining outstanding shares to the Japanese company. Kobo is STILL majority-owned by Indigo. Let's face it, they needed the deep pockets of a larger company with access to Asian and other markets where they could not otherwise compete with the giants out there!
Fringecup is offline   Reply With Quote