View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #2111
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerdaFit View Post
Brand new Voyage, 5.8.7.0.1
Which is (naturally) a "customer" firmware build.
Quote:
downgraded to factory, 5.5.0 without issue.
Which is a firmware build intended only for production line testing.
Quote:
Installed JB, got You are jailbroken document, installed hotfix.
And you are still running a non-customer firmware build.
Quote:
Before doing anything else I installed KUAL and tested the screensaver hack which worked perfectly.
Is there any particular reason you decided to make up your own directions at this point rather than complete following the ones already written?

You installed those add-ins to the factory, production line testing, firmware build.
None of our add-ins where ever intended to be installed in a non-customer firmware build.
Quote:
When I was ready to update the Kindle updated over WiFi to what I assume would be the newest firmware (5.8.9.2)
You where trying to convert the Kindle from the factory development system to a customer system while the factory system was modified by two of our add-ins.
Quote:
I got the Repair Needed screen, Repair Code: 2.
You had not yet completed the directions for installing this jailbreak.
For what reason did you expect anything other than failure?
Quote:
I guess I should have downloaded and installed this manually?
I guess you should have followed ALL of the directions, in order.
If what you did to the Kindle after Step #6 did not matter, then there would have been no reason for me to have written Steps #7 and #8 is there?
Quote:
Anyway, now when I try to do anything, start the Kindle, connect to PC (Windows 10) it just bootloops. From what I've been able to search on the forums, I may not be completely bricked and the Kindle may still be jailbroken, but I would require some assistance or direction to a previous answer for this same problem. I'm pretty well versed in rooting Android phones and recovering them, but not here. I jailbroke a couple of Oasis' without any issue.
You now get to follow these directions up to the point where you have a working serial port connection:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

When you get the serial port connection working -
Interrupt the auto-startup sequence at the u-boot stage (you'll see a "press any key" message) -
Boot the system to the 'diags' system -
Clear the restart counter in the 'main' system -
reboot.

It should reboot to the 'main' system and work.

= = = = =

There was another post/thread or two here by other people who had the device boot-loop on them.
I don't think their situation was the same as yours, I think they had Rescue Pack installed.

But search for fairly recent posts with the text "boot loop" or "bootloop" or "boot-loop" in them and read over the situation description and how that person fixed it.

Last edited by knc1; 06-25-2017 at 05:17 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote