View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:14 AM   #2573
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I'm now on to Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh, the first of a trilogy. This is an historical fiction about the opium production and trade centring on India with a wide cast of characters and separate storylines, with a major one being the voyage of the ship Ibis.

That looks appealing; I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on this book when you've finished!
I loved Sea of Poppies. I should read the second book before I forget too much of the first!

I did not enjoy Normal People. It did not live up to my expectations given the critical acclaim that it has received. It was like a young adult coming-of-age university novel, infused with class issues, and told in the manner of brunt realism typical of Irish literature. I think I would have preferred more sentimentality in this "is but isn't" a love story. I had trouble engaging with the characters emotionally.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote