View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 AM   #85
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Well, I finally got motivated enough to check the calibre command-line options, and yes it has one for fetching metadata.

The following worked quite well for me, in a BAT file.

Quote:
"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\fetch-ebook-metadata.exe" --authors "A.J. Carella" --title "To Kill For" --opf >Metadata.log
That produces the regular format found in a metadata.opf file. Leave off the '--opf' bit and you get a straight text line-by-line version. So same data, just formatted differently.

That particular ebook, was a free epub I got from Kobo, and it had no ISBN listed and no DESCRIPTION. Both lots of data were returned using the command-line above.

So it seems I can add that easily enough to my Metadata Editor program. Shame I hadn't thought to check before.

Last edited by Timboli; 05-16-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote