View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:13 AM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
So when the person to whom you sold your old Kobo receives your old device, she also receives all your side-loaded ebooks? That must might be considered copyright violation by some small-minded people.
How's it small minded? DO NOT GIVE COPIES of books STILL in copyright, or Upload to the web. It absolutely is copyright violation. A civil not criminal violation in most countries, so no limit to fine, which is based on damages.

Obviously the damages are tiny with books left on an ereader compared with uploaded to the internet.

Few authors even earn a living wage.

I'm absolutely opposed to USA DMCA and DRM, I believe in right to convert for a different gadget or archive backup copies. However it's simply wrong to give away or sell unauthorised copies. I do think Copyright should be only be life +25 years, not the crazy 75 which only benefits Corporations.
Also copyright should revert to author if a title is out of print.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote