View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #28
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In the spirit of Halloween I thought I'd post a scene from WIDOW'S TALE where Serena wonders if her ghost is truly a ghost.

Alan—still alive?

The thought rolled in Serena’s head, inciting an attack of lightheadedness. Would he do this? Would he be malicious enough to drive her towards the brink of madness? Prey on her vulnerability at a time of such despair?

Alan, alive.

Was that such a startling revelation? Hadn’t she felt him all along? Wasn’t that why she sought the cliffs each night, hoping for closure?

"Yes," Serena choked. "Yes, he could do this."

Strong fingers touched Serena’s jaw, dragging her from anguish. In the candlelight Brett’s features were eclipsed, but his touch stole through her.

"Look at me." Brett’s other hand reached up to cup her face, his thumb gently tracing it.

"Serena, you’re not safe. I know what Alan’s capable of, and I know when he’s got it out for someone, he’ll carry it out to the end. We’ve got to go to the police."

Serena laughed. "And say what? A corpse is chasing me?"
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote