Old 05-08-2020, 01:37 AM   #70
aldazo
Enthusiast
aldazo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Its getting stranger and stranger...

No need for the zip in the folder. The data.db is the file that the app is looking for.
Since it can't find nor create a database, maybe there is a problem with SQlite.

One thing you can try is to re-install the app but after you have disabled any antivirus or anti-spyware or whatever might block some files from getting installed right.

I'm sorry I can't propose anything else, but I'm out of ideas..
Yes! You were right. I disabled my antivirus before even downloading de setup.exe, keep it disabled, installed koreader highlights (version 1.0.0 because did not tried it never before), launched it, saw it worked, updated it to 1.2.2, saw it still worked, closed it, enabled back the antivirus, proceeded to inform you.

Now I'm not sure if the first time I installed version 1.1.0 (days ago after 1.2.2 had the "no display" issue) I disabled the antivirus before downloading the setup.exe or after it. But I am sure I installed version 1.1.0 with the antivirus disabled and it still had the issue. In any case the antivirus failed to warn me about any modifcation it did to the file.

To be honest I was giving to the idea of using the older python version but your last suggestion did the trick. Hope this helps to anybody that come across the same issue.

Finally I want to thank you for your patience and disposition to help me. Now I can enjoy my readings even more.
aldazo is offline   Reply With Quote