View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:16 PM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbreath View Post
One thing I am uncertain of is whether the Sigil shortcut is visible until the computer is started. The shortcuts of some newly installed programs can't be found via the dash until a restart, and I think Sigil might be one of these. It's not a big deal but if this is indeed the case, and if it's easy to fix, it might be helpful to new users to have the shortcut show up right away before a restart is done.
I've no idea if there's any way to force menus on various desktops environments to refresh after a new program is installed or not. But I'm pretty sure there's no way for me to make it happen through the "make, make install" process. All I can do is put the Sigil desktop file where the desktop environment can make use of it. The DE has to do the rest.

I don't typically have to restart before the shortcuts appear in the DE's menus. But I might have to log out and back in. There's a db of some kind that needs to update/refresh. I have no idea if it would show up after certain period of time has elapsed or not.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-23-2016 at 08:21 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote