View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #58
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
On my Windows box, it's always C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\ for the latest version. A few versions back Oracle added that symlink which is updated when Java is installed.
Glory be.
I've had one of those for a long time now...

Quote:
As for the unpredictable paths? There are quite a few programs that require a specific version of Java. Some install the Java files within their own directory, other's expect to find the version where the Sun/Oracle installer would place it. I supported Java 1.4.2 for quite a few years after 1.5 and 1.6 were released for that reason.
Yes, there is always bundling it of course, old versions are evil.

Quote:
Anyhow, time to let this thread die since we need the Hubbell to see the topic.
Very good point.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote