View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #7
grechzoo
Enthusiast
grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 or Sony PRS
i have had some success with calibre anyway, converting it to a suitable text based e-book (epub and mobi) that should work fine. also with a combination of using nitroPDF to cut out any enforced headers or footers i think it should be fine.

i know kindle does this, but does the sony reader automatically save the page you are on when you stop reading or shutdown?

if so then not having full table of contents is a feature i can live without. i never usually skip through a book fo any kind anyway, just read from start to finish. but as i say is the sony reader doesn't automatically take you to your previous page on a book you are reading then it could be a major annoyance.

also the reason why im leaning towards the sony reader is the fact that it can be bought over here, so in terms of support, and lack of import taxes its handy. also the epub support is nice, add in the fact that i dont particaularly need wifif or the amazon store (as i will get all my ebooks on my pc through cheaper (legal) sources.( then its jnust a straight up hardware battle.

which hass the longest battery, sharpest visuals, most reliable etc. (but then we are going off topic)

Last edited by grechzoo; 02-08-2010 at 06:41 PM.
grechzoo is offline   Reply With Quote