View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Yeah, I'm not going to crack mine open, but I might try my franken-jailbreak, which I expect to still work right out of the box.

Well the screen is didderwnt, so it might not be safe

So I might brick it too!
Download the 5.8.10 binary to your PC as soon as it is posted - it may also be jail breakable.

We have had two reports now that the 5.8.10 (for other device models) was built without the protection from the "factory initial" package types.
The first might have been a mistake, but the second was done to a fresh OTA update to 5.8.10 and the test package report looks perfectly sane.

Either a mistake
or
A change of corporate policy (I would actually buy a new Kindle if this is a change in corporate policy - they must have been spending gobs of money fighting off our jail break procedures)
or
The only (quick) way they could get the voice files to install (which use the same package type as the "factory initial" packages).

Do put the blocker directory name on the device.
There is a 5.8.11 update hovering in the very near future.

Last edited by knc1; 10-11-2017 at 10:35 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote