View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #164
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Y'know, I end up doing product placement several dozen times a day, and most other authors probably do, too. How many have characters who use some kind of tablet? Instead of going with a "generic uPad," get Apple to pay me to have him use an iPad? Or get paid to add a few lines of dialogue before a raunchy bondage sex scene where the domme mentions she prefers to buy from (insert leather goods store here)?

And before you laugh, think about how many characters drink Coke or Pepsi, drive specific cars, use a specific computer and softwares, eat at specific fast food joints, and all that. There's gold in them thar hills!
That is OK if the text is the same in all editions. But if the text changes depending on for example were you are when you read the book then I think it is very bad.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote