View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #6
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
According to their HD10 webpage, you can buy a 15w optional charger for $20. I don't know why they are so cheap as to not include this charger in the first place. They advertise, "Now with USB-C and faster charging". But if they give you the same lower power charger from two years ago, it's not going to be charging significantly faster. They should say, "Now with optional faster charging, if you pay us more money".

I wonder if this new HD10 uses one of the true fast charging protocols - like Qualcomm's Quick Charge? I think that particular technology requires a Snapdragon processor, which the Fire tablet probably doesn't have (I don't know what its processor is). But there are other true fast charge protocols out there.

There's a difference between "faster charging" and true "fast charging". The first term is pretty meaningless, as almost anything can be wordsmithed to comply.

Still, this looks like a reasonable upgrade for the tablet. Especially the upgrade of the OS. I hope they roll out the FireOS 7 upgrade to older tables (like my gen 7 Fire HD8) but is probably unlikely.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote