View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #4218
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Here's the original cover for the first Gor book. My copy (not this one) is in almost perfect condition. I bought it in 1966 and loved it. But then, after that 4th book, I couldn't stand to read his current stuff. I found it boring, long-winded, and pointless, among other things.

(I was so hungry for Burroughs and Kline back then, that I even bought the unauthorized Barton Werper Tarzan books. I also enjoyed the Torlo Hannis books by Charles Nuetzel. One title by Nuetzel - Slavegirl of Noomis - was probably inspired by Norman's popularity at that time. Concerning Lin Carter: I have, even now, a soft spot for his pastiches and still read him.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tarnsman of Gor.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	181196  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-08-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote