Thread: Literary City by Clifford D. Simak
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 11:43 PM   #26
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Those books would be The Wild Robot series by Peter Brown! It's been on my radar as something that looks like a fun children's read.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...the-wild-robot
Thanks, didn't know those ones .

I see that within them lies the secret of how the different animals are able to talk to each other:

Spoiler:
The robot was beginning to understand the birds.
But she was also beginning to understand the porcupines and the salamanders and the beetles. She discovered that all the different animals shared one common language; they just spoke the language in different ways. You might say each species spoke with its own unique accent.
When Roz first listened to the chickadees, their songs had sounded like “TWEEE-tweedle! TWEEE-tweedle!” But now when the chickadees sang, Roz heard “Oh, what a lovely day it is! Oh, what a lovely day it is!”

I am off to practice with the cats .

Regarding awards, the International Fantasy link I see summarizes other awards he won as well; quite a collection of them.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote