View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #21
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
How could a reputable ebook publisher "mess with" an ebook? They'd have to unpack the book, edit it, re-pack it, and put it out for distribution. Why would they bother? If you get a "messed with" book from an author's website or something, then that's the author's fault for not maintaining security on his website. How could you tell if the book was "messed with", anyway? What you consider to be fallacious reasoning, etc. might be just the author's opinion.
If I download a public domain book from, say, PG, and go through it and make "improvements" and upload it to the MR library, how would any downloaders know what I'd done unless they were already familiar with the book? I could "fix" grammar and punctuation and modernize language, and who would know without careful cross-checking?