View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
So it works even for Touch?

About that INF file, I understand what you did, but it is not necessary to me if I haven't Touch, if I got your point correctly.
Yes, it works for Touch if you have the libusb-win32 drivers installed for that specific Touch device. Because the pcbsn is part of the device identifier used in Device Manager, each device needs to be installed separately.

I used that .inf file for both the K4 and the Touch. Without it, it was just listed as a "Kindle" in "Unknown Devices" (with an exclamation mark), and fastboot could not see it.

I tried uninstalling my "Kindle-Fastboot" driver for both devices, and then fastboot could not see either of them. After reinstalling my driver, fastboot could see both of them in windows.

I did not try flashing an image yet. I could flash my touch diags partition with an image with no SSH, then after testing that SSH is missing, I could flash the image with SSH, and test that it works again. But later...

EDIT: The K4 also needed to be installed using my Kindle-Fastboot.inf file, when installed using the methods that I used. It looks like you did exactly the same as I did to create your own version of this file (see post #6 and post #20).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-13-2012 at 12:45 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote