View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
cegrundler
Enthusiast
cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
My super easy, super cheap (less than $3) DIY Kindle Cover solution...

When not in hand my Kindle resides in my favorite old messenger bag, a space it shares with my wallet, netbook, digital camera, digital recorder, Ipod and, on any given day, a random truck or boat part in transit to or from said truck or boat. It’s a simple fact of life that all things in my bag must all coexist and though there are separate compartments to prevent gadget scuffles, a bit of protection is good insurance. However, there were two things holding me back from buying one of those Kindle covers you see on Amazon: 1. I’m too cheap -- uhm, I mean frugal, and 2. It just wouldn’t be me if I didn’t somehow come up with my own jury-rigged version, one more specific to my own use.

I dislike anything that bulks up some nice slim gadget — with the collection I carry ever bit of bulk adds up. And more important, all those lovely fancy covers attach in a way that, by all appearances, look as though it would obstruct me from holding the Kindle in my left hand and pressing the left side ‘next page’ button while cooking or holding a cup of tea/eating chips/whatever with my right hand. I came up with a solution using a rugged plastic 2 pocket folder I bought in Staples and some Command strips. It's simple, easy, sturdy, cheap and removable, and the whole thing cost less than $3. I figured I'd share it with anyone who might be interested and I posted the absurdly simple steps and pictures on my blog for anyone who'd like to see.

http://cegrundler.wordpress.com/2010...-kindle-cover/

Last edited by cegrundler; 08-30-2010 at 06:03 AM.
cegrundler is offline   Reply With Quote