View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #27
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I really want the Echo Connect. I live alone, except for my cat, and falls are a worry. It would be great to be able to call for help if I couldn't get up. Actually months ago I sent a request for that function on Echo and Amazon emailed back that they were working on it.
A number of people in the retirement home where I live have a device they wear around their neck with a button on it they can press if they need help. If they press it an ambulance comes. A couple of people have used it that I'm aware of, and probably others have as well. It's free, provided by Medicare, or maybe Social Security, I don't know which.

I have a free cell phone that's from the same source although I don't really remember the source.

I think the name of the emergency system is Lifeline or something like that. Google should find it for you.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote