View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
oneillpt
Connoisseur
oneillpt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (cracked screen!); PW1; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneillpt View Post
I can use the editor to correct these settings, but the corrected file is then not recognised when uploaded to the Kindle. I guess that this is because the file is protected against tampering by a CRC calculation.
I have now been able to switch the input and output languages for both the Spanish-English and French-English Merriam Webster dictionaries, and both now work correctly. When I tried to do this on PC and then upload to Kindle, either by USB connection or using Send To Kindle, this failed. But when I used MobiMetaEditor to edit the azw files already installed on the Kindle, then deleted the originals leaving just the edited copies with input and output languages switched, this worked.

Worked immediately for Spanish, but I had first to set the French dictionary as default, allow it look up a translation, then reset an Oxford English dictionary as default, leaving the French dictionary to activate automatically for French text, which it now does. I suspect that I may have set the French directory as default and forgotten that when I edited and then deleted the original, causing temporary confusion.
oneillpt is offline   Reply With Quote