View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneillpt View Post
The problem does seem to be a language metadata problem, but one with the dictionaries, not with the e-books generated by Calibre. Using the tools mentioned in the Dictionary FAQ (both mobihandler and mobi2mobi) the language metadata for my Merriam-Webster French-English dictionary shows as "English (United States)" and "9 - 9 - 0 - ENGLISH -", not French as I would have expected.
Note that dictionaries have 3 language metadata entries (document language, input language and output language). Unfortunately, only the document language, which has no effect on dictionary selection, is shown in Calibre.

AFAIK, only Java Mobi Metadata Editor displays all of these metadata entries. (For example, in the French dictionary that you have all of these entries are coincidentally set to French.)

Note that unless a default dictionary has been defined, the K3.4 firmware will always select a dictionary based on the dictionary input language of the dictionary. I.e. changing the document language of a mobi dictionary file is rather pointless.

I have multiple custom dictionaries installed on my K3.4 and all of them are correctly selected if the document language matches the dictionary input language language.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dico.png
Views:	328
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	108545  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote