Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #63
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
The <em> tag is being shown as bold whereas in 2.1.5 and anywhere else (Sigil, Sony reader, Internet Explorer etc) it is shown in italics. This bug alone is enough to make me go back to 2.1.5.
As someone else pointed out recently, it's a sad state when you're forced to choose based on the least buggy firmware rather than the version that offers most benefits.
I don't think Kobo are deliberately trying to ruin our reading experience, after all who would want to showcase a shoddy product and still expect to stay in business? But I do believe their software regression testing leaves an awful lot of room for improvement and I do think they should actually listen to the feedback from their beta testers that often spot these bugs (why bother having them otherwise?)
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote