View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Restrict View Post
I see. Thank for the clarification.

Okay, so my situation has changed. I have pulled up a random book, made some random notes and highlights in it, synced and then rebooted my Kindle. Now the "my clippings.txt" has (re)appeared in the \documents folder.
Good to hear that solved the error. I'll add a check for the file so that it doesn't give an error.
Quote:
When I run the plugin, there is no error, just a popup that says "no annotated books found on device - Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library".

Looks like you were right ! But I'm still locked out of my notes and marks. No way yet to make the full transition away from Amazon !

Additional info: The books on my Kindle are all matched to books in my library. The books in my Calibre library are DRM-free .azw and .mobi books, since I imported them from my Kindle with ApprenticeAlf's plugin enabled. I don't know if that changes anything.

Thanks again for the support. For now I cannot see clearly anymore, I'm going to bed and hopefully tomorrow we'll sort things out !
I don't know why they don't match. I would like to see a debug log. To get this, restart calibre in debug mode, connect the Kindle and then do the annotations import. Once that is done, close calibre and post the debug log. I can look through that to try and see what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote