View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Ignorance Alert!!! I have no experience creating mobi books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
I have edit the book in microsoft word and created a Table of Contents and saved as epub.
You didn't create a TOC in Word you created a inline page that links to other parts of the book. These are two different things. Did you look to see what the TOC looked like in the ePub? The ePub TOC is an external TOC not part of the html.

Quote:
In Calibre, I convert to mobi and I get two TOC though the one autogenerated by Calibre is the one that gets linked to when I select Table of Contents from my kindle menu.
You get one TOC and a inline link page that you created. The official linked from the menu TOC is actually at the end of the mobi document.

Quote:
Ok, I then uncheck the Do Not Add TOC to book or Force use of autogenerated TOC, and though it didn't produce one, I was unable to find a link to my TOC through the kindle menu.
You essentially told it not to create a link from the menu button to a TOC by disabling the creation of a TOC.

Quote:
What I want is, how can I link to a particular location in my document and make that location as the start of my TOC.
Like when using Mobipocket creator, I can simply add guide item and link to any location through a bookmark.
If you can do it in Mobicreator then you might want to consider using that.

Personally (since I have no clue about creating Mobi books) I would use Sigil to edit the ePub TOC to my liking then convert that epub to Mobi and forget about my link page. I have yet to buy a book from Amazon that had a inline TOC at the beginning of the book.

Of course if I wanted to find out how to link to a TOC I created for a Mobi book I would probably ask the question in the Mobi forum where people who create Mobi books would presumably have the expertise to help you.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote