View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
airvideo is great for streaming and you're sitting around the house and want to grab a quick flick. it's not so good when you're flying at 25,000 feet or on the road with kids in the backseat watching cartoons off your ipad...(snip)...
When I said faster than handbrake (which was my previous go-to converter) I was talking about highest quality off-line conversions which you can then sync with iTunes if you wish for off-line viewing. Most people think of Airvideo as a streaming app but it's also a very competent and speedy off-line converter.

The same files will play on my 52" home screen although, of course, they'll be upconverted to the big screen through my PS3. I find this upconversion to be only slightly less quality than standard definition DVDs.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote