View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 08:20 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
I decided to check their page to see if there's a newer version and there was. I still have the problem that it takes at least a minute or two before its page appears. I'm guessing it's some lag with verifying the books I have checked out from the library. Although it might be a minute or two quicker; i.e., 1 minute instead of 2 or 3 minutes of waiting.
The problem is most likely that your ADE directory (the directory where the books are stored) is probably rather larger and that slows down ADE opening. The solution is to rename that directory and create a new directory so ADE can run faster. If you download from Overdrive, you'll have a lot of expired eBooks. ADE can keep a lot of crud and it does sow down if you have enough eBooks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-13-2020 at 01:41 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote