View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #5
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykiwi View Post
Hi Dalton,

Actually, I didn't mean partitioning, rather turning the tag browser into a tree, split on the period in the DDC. And I guess it would work in the LOC codes too, just less usefully). For some reason I thought it required a particular column type, and that's not editable post column creation, but I was misremembering.

It's not in partitioning though, so in case anyone else wants to do it, it's in ´Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Tag Browser, add the new column to the "Categories with hierarchal items" and restart Calibre. Since the DDC is a strictly hierarchal tree, it works well there.

ETA: link to the instructions in the Calibre manual: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

@Krazykiwi:

You can manually delete the ddc, lcc, and oclc custom columns that LC automatically created for you, and add whatever you want back manually, including new labels. You just have to update the #names in LC afterwards. The Data Types of your manually created custom columns must be compatible with the textual values for ddc, lcc and oclc, however.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote