View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I haven't read graphic novels for ages, but lately I heard that Uluysses of James Joyce had been made into a graphic novel. And I wondered wether other MR-ers know of more such books.
I don't mean to nominate horror/superman and such........

It is a bit of an experiment, but if someone thinks it isn't right, I'll withdraw my nomination, no problem.
There are some great graphic novels out there. One of my favorites is Pat Novak: For Hire, put out by Moonstone and available for the iPad via comiXology. In it, the detective (played on the radio show most famously by Jack Webb of Dragnet fame, with Raymond Burr of Perry Mason fame and others playing his perpetual adversary, Lieutenant Hellman of Homicide) is now an old man apparently in the early stages of Alzheimer's who finds himself called out of retirement to correct a mistake he made in his days as a waterfront detective in San Francisco.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote