View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #41
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Thumbs up Simply worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by simongee View Post
YES! GOT IT!
1) made backup with rupor's method (tool: Roadkil's Disk Image)
2) connected to pc in recovery mode
3) Used MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6.1 (from here: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html), pressing Apply button after EACH modification.
4) shrink READER partition (keep it at the end of the drive, creating free space between READER and /system)
5) move /system to the end of extended partition. Now there is free space between /data and /system)
6) tool cant enlarge /data to the beginning of /system, which is what i wanted to do. So i deleted /data and created new ext4 partition in the space that is now free. Labeled it "data". Then FORMATED it as "ext4"
7) Now /data is empty. I tried to reboot...
... and that's it , worked on first try without a glitch (still have the physical disk full backup just in case), thank you for the reference to MiniTool Partition Wizard, made that repartitioning a breeze under Windows 7, really minimal operations. Just slightly simplified your directives to reflect what I really did, because I didn't had any bad surprise, reader restarted with initial configuration on reboot and that's it. Perhaps because I applied changes step-by-step ?
to you, uboot, rupor and porkupan
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote