View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 12:19 PM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I do not believe that Russian translation can reduce a book this much. I suspect it is a special Russian edition with lots of stuff left out. It is just not possible to be a pure translation. It may be a censored translation.
Oh, I wasn't talking about the Russian translation (looking at the Audible listing, with multiple narrators, I suspect it's a dramatization)--I was referring to unabridged versions that tomsem said were 51/60/69 hours. That's still a lot of variation, of course, but different translations, different narrators, and the possible inclusion of additional material could account for it. The version I have is 58 hours, narrated by Frederick Davidson, no mention of which translation it is.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote